A comprehensive introduction to ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and vascular access workshop, comprising 14.25 hours of intense didactic and hands-on learning. It is simply impossible to design a course that fits needs of practitioners with diverging skills in ultrasound practice. Consequently, most courses must make compromises in program in an attempt to cater to delegates with different levels of experience. This course will focus on the must-know knowledge and skills to perform the most common nerve blocks and IV access. Attendees will spend over 80% of the time performing live scanning under the supervision of NYSORA faculty. The lectures and state of the art 3D virtual cadaver imaging complement the hands-on learning, giving all participants a comprehensive introduction to USGRA.
This program is custom-built for practitioners with limited previous experience as a building block to introducing ultrasound guidance in their practice.
- Review the most important developments in fascial tissue injections for management of postoperative pain.
- Design a plan on how to manage challenging patients and techniques.
- Review optimal application of fascial tissue infiltration in perioperative setting.
- Review the mechanisms of complications with fascial tissue infiltration and employ strategies for their prevention
- Review emerging technologies and pharmacology in ultrasound-guided intervention acute pain procedures.
Why choose NYSORA.
NYSORA has >2 decades of experience in transferring knowledge. Our team of instructors and full-time NYSORA’s designers, artists, 3-D experts work together to create simply the best educational tools and programs available that are geared for a successful transplant into your clinical practice:
- NYSORA teaches only established, standardized procedures
- NYSORA’s instructors all adhere to a standardized teaching methods to facilitate their adoption in your clinical practice
- NYSORA utilizes a range of proprietary teaching methods, developed specifically for our workshops
- NYSORA’s Reversed Ultrasound Anatomy -RUA© images teach the logic behind each technique taught. Once the principles of practice are absorbed, the attendees can transpose that knowledge to any other technique.
- NYSORA’s RUA animations enhance understanding of mechanisms of local anesthetic distribution and needle and injection techniques to establish optimal spread.
- 3-D high definition reconstruction of local anesthetic spread facilitate understanding of the tissue fasciae and how to use fasciae to facilitate the spread for desired
- NYSORA’s SIMULATORS™ – proprietary, custom-made educational tools that allow attendees to learn ultrasound anatomy patterns recognition, acquire needle-eye coordination, and practice injection techniques.
- High-end ultrasound machine specifically optimized for training purposes that facilitate the workshop flow.
- The combination of NYSORA’s 2 decades-long, cumulative experience in teaching, standardized programs and teaching methods, proprietary teaching tools and workshop flows are simply unmatched and are widely considered as industry standard.
Anesthesiology practitioners and other health care professionals in a need to introduce ultrasound-guided common regional anesthesia practice and intravenous access in their practice.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and NYSORA. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 14.2 contact hours.
Pharmacotherapy contact hours for Advance Practice Registered Nurses will be designated on your certificate.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
Simply phenomenal, excellent workshop
All instructors were fantastic
There is nothing better than this
Great workshop others should follow the format
Please we need workshops on new blocks also
Most knowledgeable instructors. Great hands on sessions
Best workshop ever
All hospital trainers need to attend a NYSORA workshop