Which workshop to choose?
NYSORA Workshops are best seen as a continuous education process through which the participants cumulatively acquire knowledge leading to clinical proficiency in utilizing ultrasound to guide regional anesthesia, vascular access and other Point of Care (POC) ultrasound-guided procedures. In this process, we use ASSIMILATION - a passive learning approach for the introduction that transitions into an active approach as the participants progress. Importantly, all NYSORA’s didactic materials and approach are standardized, so that there is consistency in techniques and learning from session-to-session and from course to course. This assures a continuous progress toward proficiency using NYSORA’s decades of established standardized approach to education and clinical care.
|Workshop||Suggested experience level||Skills and knowledge acquisition||Duration
ESSENTIALS OF INTERVENTIONAL ULTRASOUND
LIMITED - NOVICE
This course is designed to get you from “0” to the ability to use the US machine with confidence and prepare you for advanced courses.
- How to operate US machine
- How to optimize US image
- Imaging essential anatomy
- Improve needle-eye coordination
- In-plane and Out-of-Plane injections
- Gain confidence simulating nerve block and vascular access on NYSORA simulators™
- The goal of the program is that the delegate becomes facile in operating ultrasound equipment, understands artifacts and limitations and is able to use ultrasound to guide needle towards a variety of simulated targets using NYSORA simulators.
- Preparation for NYSORA level 1 certification (NOTE: CERTIFICATION IS AN ADDITIONAL COURSE, NOT INCLUDED IN 1-DAY ESSENTIAL COURSE)
BASIC TO INTERMEDIATE
This entry-level program is designed to increase confidence level and prepare you for independent use of ultrasound for common procedures.
- Increase knowledge-base and skills to be able to follow more advanced clinical courses
- Become confident performing procedures using NYSORA simulators™
- Enhance knowledge on US technology
- Learn how to optimizing images
- Learn latest NYSORA’s management protocols and regional anesthesia techniques
- Learn anatomy by scanning live models
- Answers to questions from your clinical practice
- Practice anatomy recognition and needle guidance on NYSORA Simulators
- Learn 3-D anatomy and improve understanding of the mechanisms of action with common blocks
INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED
These workshops take the “Building Blocks” to the next level. While many elements of the workshop are similar, The Boutique Workshop is a more intense, faster-paced educational experience, best suited for participants with some experience with ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and vascular access.
- Robust understanding of ultrasound imaging, fine tuning of image quality and more
- Loads of tips and tricks on how to optimize US-guided procedures, nerve blocks and vascular access
- Increase knowledge retention by engaging in answering quizzes - using our audience response system
- Prepare for the NYSORA’s advanced
- Ultrasound Certification (separate course)
- Learn what’s new in regional anesthesia techniques
- Learn and take home the latest US-guided RA protocols
- Scan anatomy for a wide variety of regional anesthesia procedures on live models
- Learn how to scan obese patients and improve success rate
- 3-D anatomy courses to enhance understanding of the essential anatomy
- Compare Ultrasound images with 3-D anatomy in parallel
- Scan all anatomical areas on demand
- Practice on latest models of NYSORA ULTRASOUND SIMULATORS™
- Get answers to your clinical dilemmas during Q&A session.
INTERMEDIATE TO EXPERT
The most intense educational program where a very limited number of participants shadow the NYSORA clinical team in day-to-day practice.
A DAY AT A GLANCE: You will be picked up from your hotel and brought to NYSORA-EUROPE-CREER at ZOL by 7:45 AM. A team meeting of 10 minutes takes place and outlines the activities which change day to day. Expect joining NYSORA team in performing 15-30 regional procedures/day. Keep notes of your questions as these can be answered only in-between cases or when the case load decreases in PM hours.
- Learn how to organize orthopedic & regional anesthesia practice
- Learn NYSORA protocols for management of wide variety of orthopedic procedures
- Learn the bullet-proof medicolegal documentation of regional anesthesia procedures.
- Learn management of a patient with regional anesthesia
- Model scanning in-between clinical cases, whenever possible
- Practice on NYSORA Simulators in-between clinical cases
- 3-D Anatomy overview in-between cases
- Optimize turn-over time between the cases utilizing regional anesthesia.
- Optional Level I Ultrasound Certification at the end of the program
NYSORA ULTRASOUND CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL COURSE PARTICIPANTS AND HIGHER
The goals of the certification is to optimize the knowledge acquisition and retention through preparation and testing procedure, leading to a Level I certificate issued by NAICE (North American Institute of Continuous Education - and NYSORA (The New York School of Regional Anesthesia). The test-taking process is interactive, with discussion with the faculty to facilitate the knowledge-transfer.
The goal of the program is that the delegate becomes facile in operating ultrasound equipment, understands artifacts and limitations and is able to use ultrasound to guide needle towards a variety of simulated targets using NYSORA simulators.
- Review of Day 1 (Essentials of Ultrasound)
- Ample practice sessions for examination preparation
- Written examination -Along with detailed discussion with the examination administrators and other exam takers
- Practical test: Hand-eye coordination
- Certificate issued to those who pass examination
1 Day (Course Can Be Taken As An Extra Day In Addition To The Essentials Of Ultrasound Course)